Wednesday 3 December 2008

holla

Wednesday 3 December 2008




Holla! I'm back, was I ever here? A long time ago.

Sometimes I feel so desperately uncool when I hear about a band after they've become the next big thing. No really, how long have Hercules and Love Affair been cool for? Am I falling off the cool barometer? It was like 3 months after their first live performance in May that I jumped on the hipster bandwagon and proclaimed my love for them. By then, they'd already featured in Chanel's Fall/Winter 08 show and I was like every other MGMT-loving whore. Hate my life.

But seriously, Antony and the Johnsons have dominated my itunes for years. It's like A&J lead singer Antony Hegarty and New York based DJ Andy Butler went on some fucked up drug-binge one weekend and Hercules was what they came up with.

How you get from this...

Antony and the Johnsons - You Are My Sister feat. Boy George

To this...

Hercules and Love Affair - Blind

Hercules and Love Affair - You Belong

Hercules and Love Affair - Iris

Is nice.

No comments: