Thursday 16 April 2009

easter beat my head in a fight

Thursday 16 April 2009


my head is still bumpin' from the weekend. pretty unusual and not a good thing in any way. in my days of confusion and sickness, the only music that has made me feel normal on my walks down to the beach (other than d-pulse) has been casio social club.

this style of genuine 80's electro funk was never a genre of music that i actually believed existed. sure, you might hear it in the background of some 80's club video or ad (and sure chromeo and lorenz rhode give it a very very good modern day shake) but i never thought i'd actually have a track to have for my very own. casio social club have proven me wrong.

Casio Social Club - Count Your Lucky Stars (taken down by request)

Casio Social Club - 121 In Luv (taken down by request)

this music conjures up fiery images of fluoro orange sunsets, fluoro pink bikinis, fluoro blue swimming pools and fluoro brown palm trees. i wish i'd first listened to it in my lamborghini.... parked on top of a skyscraper. and it was made in this day and age. impressive
i loved this music so much that i went over to their myspace and had a bit of a stalk. god bless any person or band (other than nate dogg) that uses songs like this as inspiration:

Evelyn 'Champagne' King - Love Come Down

made me trawl through some old 80's disco favourites.. larry levan RIP..

Grace Jones - Pull Up To The Bumper (Larry Levan Garage Remix)

to check out more casio social club, go here

2 comments:

Mr Mullet said...

Hi guys,

Great review thank you! :o)

Please remove our tracks as per our emailed request.

Mullet Records.

Steve said...

eeep no probs.. check out casio social club on beatport-- so worth it