Thursday 8 January 2009

the videodrome mk XX

Thursday 8 January 2009


Fever Ray - If I Had A Heart

ok so i said that i wouldnt call something achingly beautiful again in my last post but i guess that i lied. but then again, i really didnt expect to see a video like this ever. i think it's the nothingness of this clip that gets me: the unnervingly still hands and bodies.. the scared children cowering from stern figures.. the plush carpets.. all that somehow amount to nothing- a beautiful nothing.

Fever Ray - If I Had A Heart

karin dreijer has created something strikingly different to her work with the knife; a darkly brooding piece that seems to bring flickering shadows in the corner to mind.
my ears tell me that this track- like the clip- is nothing.. but somehow there is something- some kind of emotion lurking between the hum of the industrial organ and quietly sinister vocals. id be hard pressed to find a song and video more perfectly matched..

No comments: