Wednesday 11 February 2009

my pets

Wednesday 11 February 2009


Steve posted a bunch of Animal Collective remixes a few weeks ago, but there’s always reason to revisit the zoo. That’s because this band is my pet. The Baltimore four-piece released their eighth studio album Merriweather Post Pavilion in January and let me say it’s causing more than just excitement for veterinarians. Their brand of experimental psych-folk is aurally saturating and highly original. With band members named Panda Bear and Geologist what the fuck were you expecting?

Their track My Girls gets my vote for clenched-jaw comedown song of the minute. It’s Beach Boys meets The Ruby Suns meets Fuck Buttons. As the hi-hat begins start cuddling.

Animal Collective – My Girls

While I’m bingeing on melancholy I’ll mention Digitalism’s Taken Away. It’s like Pogo with glowsticks. The instrumental is from Kitsune Maison 6, with a rework of the radio edit from fellow German MMMathias to balance it out.

Digitalism – Taken Away (Instrumental)

Digitalism – Taken Away (MMMathias Remix)


No comments: