Tuesday 24 March 2009

please interpret my dreams someone

Tuesday 24 March 2009



Last night I dreamt I was trapped in a Nintendo world and Sonic was dying. I attended his funeral where they played electro lullabies and melancholic glitch pop. I played the synthesiser, and played it very passionately. I’ve never played a synth before.

It’s taken almost three months for me to sit down and listen to the whole of Sydney teenaged trio Seekae’s first album, The Sound of Trees Falling on People, which came out in late Dec. I love its dreaminess and its mezmerising electronic chords, just like I loved that other Sydney melodi-tronica guy Underlapper (remember this?). But at the same time I struggle with it. The rushing synths and techy quirks and clattering glitches are so complex that they sometimes become inaccessible. And so ambient and melancholy that I need to pick the right time to listen, like last night for example. Poor Sonic x

Seekae - Wool (feat Ivan Vizintin)

Seekae - Yurai

Seekae - Void

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dream Interpretation: AWESOME.

Unknown said...

Hmmm. I think this symbolises that you must start to make 8-bit electronic music at once! Sonic and Sega symbolise newer 16bit technologies which are all but moribund, whereas Nintendo and the likes of Mario have enjoyed a resurgence in recent years. So you are obviously the salvation of all chip-tuners, get cracking!

Rachel said...

AMAZING

this will commence tonight