Wednesday 26 August 2009

the videodrome mk. XXX

Wednesday 26 August 2009

This post title refers ironically to Prince, whose cream i've binged on for a week now. He's beginning to make me worry about my sexuality (poke me!), but he's such a prodigal musician and energetic performer i don't care.

I've had Prince and The Revolution's Purple Rain (1984) looping in my ears the whole time. It's the soundtrack to the film of the same name and was followed by a tour called - yes you're onto it today - Purple Rain. The film won an Oscar for Best Original Song Score and is considered one of the best albums of its decade. But you knew that.

I found this little clip of 'Darling Nikki', which is taken from the tour. The way he can act so feminine but remain appealing to the screaming women in the audience is mind-warbling...but kind of a turn on.



This anthem to hedonism had me hooked with its festive synthlines and haphazard snare-cymbal combinations. Prince is just captivating with his brazen androgony and homosexual overtones, humping the stage as he cries for his newfound nymph to return. I feel for him, really.

Prince please poke me x

2 comments:

Jan L. said...

EPIC PRINCE! Love his performance!

Acid Midget said...

RAAAAAA! Yes i want a pair of the lace pants he's wearing!

xoxo