Wednesday 25 November 2009

going to the roller derby this weekend

Wednesday 25 November 2009


I saw Casiotone for the Painfully Alone play a couple of weekend ago. It was seriously up there with one of the best musical experiences I've had, mostly because it was so different, mostly because his music is incredible. Also, maybe because he is one of my most favourite artists of all time. Also maybe because I seemed to be obsessed with lo-fi indietronica in the same way I was obsessed with lesbians when I was 19.

Some of my all-time faves from Casiotone's back catalogue, mostly from this year's Advanced Base Battery Life but also highly representative of Young Shields and Twinkle Echo:

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Hot Boyz (Feat. Dear Nora)

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Streets of Philadelphia (feat.Concern)

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Sunday St

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - White on White

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Giant

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Roberta C

Is this too many songs to post in sequence on a blog? I feel it might just be.

No comments: