Monday 10 May 2010

couldnt believe my eyes

Monday 10 May 2010


i dont know if there is any music more suitable for a monday strugglefest than m83.. easing into the week with some string-laden euphoria is always a good idea.

today i eased in with a newish effort of his which was made for english rockers white lies.. initially i felt that this mix was a little flat but after a few listens it really grew on me.. something about the subtle strings, unobtrusive percussion and looped vocals really got under my skin.. but isnt that what m83 does best?

White Lies - Nothing To Give (M83 Remix)

when i saw this remix pop up, my mind was boggled. m83? deftones? together at last?
i really had grand expectations, but i have to say that it fell a little bit short..

Deftones - Rocket Skates (M83 Remix)

the elements kinda feel overcrowded - and m83's usually perfect touch feels a little ham-fisted when it comes to wielding heavy drums, rich organs and a slightly off-putting metal scream..
it is all pulled together at the end pretty valiantly but is it enough? is this the closest to a traditional bangaaa that anthony gonzalez will get?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never would have come up with the mix of Deftones and M83 myself, but being someone who listens to both I don't know why I didn't. It totally fits and the M83 remix is by far my favourite version of the track.