Tuesday 18 January 2011

James Pants and Deerhoof = Youth

Tuesday 18 January 2011



I am young and free. You are too.

Feels good, doesn't it?

This feeling has been captured well on the following tracks.

First is James Pants, who genre mashes on 'Darlin''.

It sounds like the Soulwax remix of 'Kids' spread with My Bloody Valentine distortion pedals on a biscuit base of wailing vocal harmonies.

Deerhoof's '+81' is silly indie pop rock. It sounds like El Perro del Mar, albeit faster, with a pop sensibility which reminds me of Yelle. I also hear a "short, energetic Japanese pop singer who did ballet classes between ages 14-16 and is probably better at basketball than most Americans".

When I play '+81' I just want to dance in my bedroom all day singing 'jew, jew, jew, jew, jew' while staring in the mirror. I'll do it while pulling 'batass' hip hop expressions, posing with one palm on my 'shocked' face and the other palm down my pants.

Time is running out. It's your turn.

James Pants - Darlin'

Deerhoof - +81

No comments: